Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Spooktacular fun


Boo?
Tonight was pumpkin carving night. What fun, or so I used to think. Back in the pre-kids days when I only carved one or two pumpkins a year, and it only took an hour at the most. This was an all evening affair! Dave did the spider one, well half, we shared the work load on that one, taking turns juggling bored kids. But once they were lit(the pumpkins of course, what kind of mom do you think I am?!) it was so worth it, the little ooo's and aaawww's, so cute. The one above is Ethan's....

and the troll was Kaitlyn's. She loves trolls thanks to Dora and we sing the grumpy old troll song a few times a day and draw trolls and try to find her little baby troll, which is forever lost in one corner or another. The next one is mine and is not the design I had planned at all, but it came down to me not wanting to carve all night long and my wrist getting tired of the sawing, sawing, sawing, whew!

Dave's spider---hey I just realized that there is a moon behind it, ha, I am tired! The next is their reflection in the dining room table. Kaitlyn kept looking for them in and under the table and couldn't figure out why there were 8. It was so funny, up, down,"mom, two....more"



Wish I had a scary story to tell but truth be told I am totally freaked out about this time of year. The show on tv and all teh movies scare the living daylights out of me....as I type this I can see out the corner of my eye the orange flicker of the porthc light and it is enough to give me goose bumps....I hate closets in teh dark too. Eeeeek!

I have so much to post about our day, but you are probably bored to tears of the daily craft regime, we did have a playdate, a very interesting one, am still trying to get my mind around the whole situation, don't know if you all are interested in those kind of stories....so if you have any questions about me/us or ideas for a post -shoot away, I will see what I can come up with, if not I shall go on with the day to day journal and get that story sorted out.
Have a fun halloween!

4 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Happy Halloween to you and your family, too!

The pumpkins look awesome. I love them all, but the spider one must have been tricky?!

An *interesting* play date sounds intriguing?!

Heidi

Karen MEG said...

Yes, inquiring minds want to know ... the politics of playdates!

And the Jacks are "wow"!

Have a great Halloween with the little ones tonight!

Catharine said...

The pumpkins turned out great...I think that Ethan's looks like Ernie from Sesame Street.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Those are amazing pumpkins!

Thanks for visiting my site, you are welcome anytime :-)