Friday, April 13, 2007

A late egg hunt.

After getting back from our trip Monday night we went over to my grandparents place to pick Emily and Phil up and grab a bite to eat. The kids then informed me that they still hadn't had an Easter egg hunt and was I going to do one for them. Well after 8 hours in the car all I wanted was to go home have a long soak in the tub and go to bed. Instead we headed to Walmart to see if they had any goodies left. I ran in and to my surprise there were shelves full of loot all marked down 50% off, yeehaa, I can get twice as much for half the price, in my mind saving money! So I got the loot, ran back out to the truck, went home, sent to kids to the basement and hid the goods.
I wrote out a bunch of clues and sent them on a mission. Kaitlyn after finding the first batch of eggs was quite satisfied and wanted to sit and eat her spoil. We had a hard time convincing her that the best was yet to come.
The jackpot at the end of the hunt, Dora, Dora, Dora, Kaitlyn was so happy!
Oh, and then there was the chocolate, forget Dora, mmmmmm, chocolate!
All in all the hunt went well, I was exhausted, the kids were all high on sugar, but that is allowed every once in a while, they were happy!

No comments: